Source: citifmonlnline.com - Three persons were killed in a fire that razed their house to the ground on Saturday morning in the Northern Regional town of Daboya.
One person with very serious burns is also battling for his life following the incident that occurred around 10:25. (See map below, for location)
The District Chief Executive of the North Gonja District Sorku Yahuza told Citi News that the fire was caused when some chainsaw operators attempted to pour some fuel from a bigger container to a smaller one.
“There were some chainsaw operators who were preparing for the day’s activities. So they were transferring fuel from a bigger barrel into a small container for easy transportation and as a result the pot in which they were doing some cooking caught fire as a result of a contact. And that’s how the whole house caught fire,” he said.
The disaster, he said, has thrown the whole town into a state of shock adding that “we are very devastated in Daboya.”
Did you know?
Marburg virus and Ebola virus are the SAME..! Read Here!