Source: starrfmonline.com - The fire-ravaged Central Medical Stores had no fire safety certificate, an interim investigative report on the over 48-hour old fire outbreak has revealed.
About Gh¢237 million worth of drugs and other equipment at Ghana’s largest drug storage depot has gone down the drain in the wildfire....
Speaking to Starr Today, Thursday, the chairman of the Fire Service Council Alhaji Amadu Sorogo, said he cannot confirm or deny that aspect of the report, but eventually it will be made public.
A Fire Safety Certificate is to prove conformity to the approved rules of safety at an establishment.
Starrfmonline.com understands the interim report will be submitted Friday for onward action to be taken on it.
Firefighters took over 38 hours to douse the fire although pockets of it are still obvious at the scene that has brought the Central Market Stores to ground zero.
The fire, which has been described as a “disaster” by the Ghana Health Service has put Ghana’s healthcare sector in a dire position as the stock available at the regional stores could last for only three months.
About 15 fire tenders from the Tema Oil Refinery, Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority, and the Military are aiding the Ghana National Fire Service to fight the wildfire.
Did you know?
Marburg virus and Ebola virus are the SAME..! Read Here!